Empower Technology-Centric Worldwide
Communities which increased TAB focus on the vitality
of its communities.
– Created on-line communities, centered on the emerging
technology activities managed by IEEE Future Directions,
which are free and open to all.
– Created a new e-magazine (and member benefit), IEEE
Technical Community Spotlight, which provides all
IEEE members with magazine articles on emerging
technologies and guidance on how to participate in on-line
emerging technology communities.
– Advocated a three-pronged Open Access strategy for
TAB that was adopted by TAB - and has become IEEE
Open Access strategy.
– Created a new recognition - the TAB Hall of Honor
– Initiated the Ad Hoc committee that successfully
advocated the "bundled Society membership"
experiment that is providing free Society memberships to
IEEE members to quantify the benefits of doing so. That
experiment is still ongoing.
the Professional Productivity and Collaboration Tools
- now called Collabratec - which are based on social
media and targeted at supporting the professional
– Defined a TAB value proposition for Society and Council
– Served as the founding EIC of IEEE Technical
Forensics and Security in a technology white space in
which the IEEE had little presence.
– Established an Ad Hoc to address the concerns of its
speech community – which led SPS to add language
processing to the scope of one it is publications and to
add language processing workshops.
The opinions expressed on this web site are the opinions of Fred Mintzer - and not necessarily the opinions of the IEEE